The past few months I’ve been diving into Windows Phone development. I’ve released a simple game, am working on another and am helping to organise a Windows Phone developer day at the end of the month.
As with learning any technology a strong, helpful community can make a big difference to your experience. Fortunately, the Windows Phone dev community is amazing (albeit somewhat small at the moment). I thought it might be useful to share my list of resources in one place for anyone else looking to get into Windows Phone development:
- AppHub forums – the official AppHub developer forums
- WindowsPhone Reddit – Cool folk who like WP
- WindowsPhoneGeek – News, reviews, tutorials and forums
- Twitter – my list of Windows Phone Twitter peeps
- StackOverflow – ultimate QA site for devs
- XDA Developers – hardcore mobile dev fans (they’ve recently opened a Windows Phone 8 forum too)
- WPCentral – Windows Phone news site
- WP7 Connect – another Windows Phone news site
- Windows Phone team Blog – words from the mothership
If you have any other dedicated Windows Phone resources tweet me and I’ll update this list.